Janelle is one of my friends taking classes on Tuesday nights. She was so excited to get to hold Emma.
We try to do tummy time each day for a few minutes. She hates it. She would rather lie on her back. We are a working progress.
Boyd insists we keep her hands covered so she doesn't scratch her face. She really can get those hands moving when she is angry. So, we try to keep her hands covered the best we can.
It looks like she is about to cry.
Sleeping soundly after a feedingLast night Emma came to class with me. For the last 2.5 years, three teachers from Snow Springs and I have been working on our Reading Endorsement. Our classes are held on Tuesday evenings from 4:30-7:00. This semester will complete our last class. We are so excited to be done.
Well, Emma's babysitter, Kara Fabela, couldn't watch her on Tuesday so I decided to bring her along. I fed her before and managed to soothe her to sleep before we left for class. My professor and colleagues were really cool about her being there. I even brought the hand sanitizer for those who wanted to hold her. She slept through class. When I pulled her out of her car seat for my friends to hold at the end of class, she started to stretch and wake up. She looked great in the picture with Janelle, but she was crying quite loudly when Susan held her, so I opted not to capture that sad moment. I think us waking her up helped her to realize her little tummy was empty cause it had been three hours since her last feeding. Good thing I had brought along pumped milk in a bottle. She took it so fast. I am amazed at how quickly my hard 30 minutes of pumping can be gobbled up in 5 minutes. I was glad I had the milk. She ate, burped, and then went back to sleep in her car seat so I could drive home. All and all it was a great time at class.
1 comment:
I am so glad it went well, It makes me feel a little better about leaving. Can't wait till next Tuesday when she is all mine!
Post a Comment