Wednesday, October 1, 2008

On My Own

Emma isn't quite enjoying the spa treatment
Now she understands how great it is to be pampered.
Emma loves to look at her hands and eat them. I wish I could get a picture without those hands, but they are always in the way. Even during nursing I have to struggle with those adoreable hands.
Just chillin. This outfit was worn by her oldest cousin on my side of the family. Off a baby, it looks so tiny. On, it shows just how skinny Emma is.
Sweet Dreams little Emma

With my mother gone, I was on my own for a few days. Emma's umbilical cord fell off some time last weekend. I think on Saturday. One day it was just gone. So, this means I can give Emma a real bath in a baby tub. This makes me a little nervous because infants are squirmy and I have never given a baby a bath before. So, I had my sister come over and teach me. She did most of the work, but it is a gradual release of responsibility. I am so glad I have her so close to help me understand how to care for little Emma.

Yesterday, Tues. the 30th, my sister Tanya arrived. It is great to have middle of the night help again. She is sleeping upstairs so she can hear the baby in the middle of the night and help out. It was great to hand her over to my sister this morning at 2:30. I went back to sleep and my sister soothed Emma to sleep.

Everyday my sister Kara comes over with her daughter Kaiya. Bytheway Kaiya is getting quite an education with a new mommy around feeding. She is very loving and tries to kiss Emma on the head all the time.

2 comments:

knjfabela said...

I love your new look! Very nice! We love coming over also, and we are glad to help any time we can!!!

Suzanne said...

Hey girl,
Honestly, she is sooo beautiful. I am sure you've already heard this, but she sure looks like Kyle! You are the wonderful mom we always knew you would be... so attentive! I remember when they seem so porcelain. I always thought the nurses were so rough when giving babies their first bath in the hospital... but what can we say?! We worked so dang hard to get them here so they are our little porcelain dolls! But really, she just looks so perfect, and I love the updates. She is already changing so much. Amazing that you got pictures of her smiling (with Oma).