Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A trip to Snow Springs

This darling hat was given to me by a friend in Lehi. Not only was I given this cute hat, but she gave me 3 diaper boxes full of baby clothes, shoes, bibs, and hair bows. I count this as a blessing.
Here is a nice close-up, and yes the baby acne is quite rampant today.
Chillin'after an exhausting day
Today, Emma had quite the busy day. She came to Snow Springs with me. I needed to step in today to touch base with my long term substitute and to start my fourth graders in their chapter books. It was so fun to be back. I miss my friends at work. I feel so much at home there. Emma did well. I brought hand sanititizer and allowed only the adults to touch Emma. She was great until right before the fire alarm. She was getting restless and I had barely soothed her to sleep when the buzz buzz of the fire alarm went off. This startled Emma. I had to take her out in the cold windy weather of Lehi to complete the fire drill. Thank goodness I brought her travel system with me. I think she stayed mostly warm nesteled in her stroller. Of course she was now a mess and I had to start the soothing again. Her next mealtime was fast approaching, and I still had a few copies to make. I quickly made those copies but not without a loud outcry from Emma. I calmed her down as best as I could and put her in her carseat. Once in, she quieted down and went to sleep until we arrived back home. She woke up and had a great meal.
During the feeding, Kara called and said Mervyns was having a great sale on all their baby stuff. So, we went and shopped. It was hard to pick and choose. With Mervyns going out of business, the clothes were cheap, only $2-$4. We had a great time finding clothes to fit our girls for next summer. I saved $243 and spent $75. For what I purchased, this was a steal. So, if you are interested, check your nearest Mervyns for the greatest sale. (it ends on Sat. the 25th.)

1 comment:

knjfabela said...

Those pictures are cute!!! I am so glad we were able to get such great deals. I can't wait to see her in them!