Sunday, January 11, 2009

Our First Date...

May I get out of this dress now mom?
Here is one picture of when Emma bent her knees and plopped down.
Emma is learning how to hold a bottle.  It is so cute to see her feeding herself.

Emma is taking a bottle and checking out the weather for the week.
Emma is standing against the couch.  It took a few tries to get her staying upright.  A few times she bent her knees and sunk to her bottom.

I had to include a picture with the bow she wore to church.  It matched perfectly.  This is one of the outfits, a mother of a former student shared with us.  It came with the bow and cute black church shoes.
This is us on our first date after Emma was born.  (I don't love the picture, but I had to document such an important event.)

I decided it was time for Boyd and I to go on a date.  Of course I did not come up with this on my own.  Boyd had mentioned to me how we don't go anywhere anymore.  I thought about that for a while and I decided we should change this.  So, I asked my husband out on a date.  The girls from work wanted to babysit Emma.  So, everything was set.  I left a note for my husband asking him on a date and we went out for the first time since Emma was born.  We had a great time.  We went to the dance hall where we first met.  We danced the night away.  Quickly I discovered how having a baby has reduced my energy level.  I wanted a break multiple times last night.  To think I used to dance two - three times a week and never run out of energy.  I also had forgotten multiple line dances.  It was frustrating to me that I did not remember how to do these.  I used to love these and live for the nights I would go dancing.  It is definitely different to be on the other side of single life attending the same place I did as a single.  All in all, Boyd and I had a great time.  By the end of the night I started to get my energy back and I remembered a few more line dances.  Best of all, Emma was taken care of by three great people.  I am so grateful for my friends who have lent a helping hand more times than I can count.  Michelle and Jen from work were so kind to spend their Saturday night with Emma so Boyd and I could step away from the day-to-day life we live and enjoy a night on the town.

1 comment:

knjfabela said...

That dress is darling on her! I am so gald you have such great friends to help with sweet lil' Emma! It was so good to see you last night!