Thursday, May 21, 2009

Boyd and I are Official Home Owners

Boyd and I went looking for homes in early April.  We wanted to see what was out there and if we could get on board with the great government programs for first time home buyers.  So, we were pre-approved, found a realtor we liked, and went looking for homes.  We went out three or four times  with our realtor.  We really wanted a ranch/rambler because we don't love stairs.  This was a little frustrating, because it is so hard to find these over multi-level homes.  

However, we found one we both love love love.  It is a perfect starter home for our little family. We were definitely shocked to have found what we were looking for.  The best thing about this home is it is 3 minutes from school, going the speed limit.  I love being so close.  We are moved in but not totally organized.  

Look forward to seeing more pictures.  Emma has been all over the place. She is a mover.  She is constantly pulling herself up on everything and then she holds on with only one hand.  She is growing too quickly.  She loves to be left on the floor so she can get into everything that looks fun to her.  She also is a great little eater.  She will eat off of my plate on some things, like mashed potatoes and such.  I guess they can't stay little forever.  

4 comments:

Melissa said...

were so excited for you guys. mike said its really nice. i want to see it, at least for now... pictures will do. so take some and post them soon.

Mandalynn said...

Congratulations!! Buying a house is such an exciting thing. You were smart to go with a rambler. I was just saying that the next house I buy will NOT be two-floors. I don't mind the stairs, but our upstairs is like a sauna when the weather warms.

knjfabela said...

Alisha, CONGRATS!!! We are so happy for y'all. I can't wait to come up there so I can see the inside in person!

Rachel said...

That is SOOOO exciting! Congratulations! Isn't it wonderful to be in a home. I'm glad it's so close to work. You could go home for lunch or run home for things you forget. Any students in your ward? Oh yeah. . .happy summer vacation.