Sunday, June 21, 2009

Manti Pageant With a 9 Month Old?

Did I mention, she wouldn't allow me to wrap her up in a blanket and she took that hat off many times.  It was pretty cold there and I did not want a sick baby in days to come.
I don't think she is happy here.
Here we are all excited for a fun evening.
Emma started out in her stroller, but soon made so much noise that I had to taker her out.
Emma was definitely in control this night.

On Thursday we went to the Manti Pageant together as a Family.  Boyd and I had gone here two months after we started dating just about 3 years ago.  It was so fun to go back.  We were looking forward to a special night watching the pageant.  
However, Emma had other plans for us.  She wanted to play, scream happily, and distract everyone around us.  We tried so hard to coax her to drink her milk, play with her toys, or eat her snacks.  She was completely defiant and was on her own agenda.  Needless to say, I  don't remember even seeing two scenes of the whole pageant.  I finally got up and took her to the back of the field.  Here I tried to put her to sleep by rocking her but to no avail she still flailed and screamed loudly.  I finally stood her up on her feet and let her bang the chairs and do whatever she wanted because I was tired of fighting with her.  When she started to get tired, I decided to rejoin Boyd.  
Well, shortly after I sat down she started screaming and crying and pitching a huge fit.  So, we got up and headed out of the area before the heavenly hosts in the pageant did their trumpeting part.  This is my favorite and I was walking as fast as I could with a screaming baby so others could enjoy it.
Both Boyd and I were frustrated but at least we were able to be there and don't you worry, Emma slept the entire 2 hours home.  I knew she was tired, but she just wouldn't acquiesce during the pageant.

No comments: