Friday, July 31, 2009

Oh the Age of Discovery...

I was getting ready one morning and knew Emma was in the bathroom with me. When I turned around this is what I found. So now the toilet paper roll is not safe with Emma around.
Maybe we will get her a roll of toilet paper for her b-day. She was so enthralled. I, on the underhand was not so happy with the rest of the roll all unraveled and on the floor. Ahh!
Emma was having a hard time sleeping one night so I let her get out of her bed to play around. I think she had too long of a nap and could not sleep at her regular bedtime. So, I was enthralled in movie on TV and could hear Emma playing in the kitchen drawers. She loves to play in the first two drawers. Therefore, I keep very safe items in their. The second drawer up has plastic storage containers and I often find my containers all over the kitchen. Periodically I will get up and check up on her. Well this is what I found when I checked on her. She had crawled IN the drawer. What? Since when did she develop these mad skills?
Once she was caught I was glad the camera was just above on the counter. Emma decided this was a good time to try to stand up. Hello, scary! She seemed to do well with her balance and so I let her stand up and then I rescued our little climber before she could open the top drawer, the silverware drawer. All I need is a baby who can get in that drawer at any given moment.
Despite the shock of the incident, I couldn't help but chuckle at our curious little girl. She is getting into so many more things that I ever thought possible. I know I am in for a rude awakening. I just want her to stay too little to get in trouble and then be old enough to know those places she is checking out are dangerous. This in between stage is frustrating to both her and I. She gets so mad when I take her away from her newest discovery!

4 comments:

knjfabela said...

Emma, you keep your mama on her toes! We don't want her getting to comfortable. Keep up the good work......just don't get hurt in the mean time.

Allyson said...

FUN, FUN, FUN!

Rachel said...

And the word "No" because very frequently used.

Aria Eden said...

How Cute! That's impressive! With that kind of dexterity she'll be walking before you know it and the trouble she can get into is endless....