Nearly 10 years ago My companion Sis. Lee and I met a 17 year old girl from English class. We met with her and her three friends and taught them the first discussion. Ting ended up hearing all of the missionary discussions from Sis. Lee and I. Her baptism date was set, and of course, I was transferred so I didn't get to witness it. She joined the church and stayed active. In those 10 years, she accomplished so much: college, mission, marriage in the temple, and now a mommy of the cutest girl around.

10 Years Later: We are both mommies

Friday the 24th, Pioneer Day, we celebrated in a different way than most of Utah, we met up with a real pioneer from Taiwan who has blazed her own path in the gospel. This was the best way to spend such a special day.
It was so exciting for me to see Ting after 10 years. I am so proud of her for taking the gospel seriously and allowing it to change her life. She is an amazing woman.
She worked really hard to make the BEST authentic Chinese food for us. I was quickly taken back to my mission in Taiwan. It was great to meet her husband and little girl. I almost teared up as we sat around the lunch table and blessed the food. I couldn't help but think how grateful I was that I had the opportunity to share the gospel with Ting.
No comments:
Post a Comment