Friday, October 12, 2012

Trip to Utah

Boyd and I made our way to Utah, upon hearing of Grandma Darlene's passing.  We decided it was best to have my sisters help out with Emma and Ellie and leave them here in Texas.   So, we went to Utah to be with family during this time of mourning.  It was nice to get back to Utah and be surrounded by Boyd's family.

  Laney, Boyd's Niece's daughter, was so excited to hold Porter.  Porter was 5 weeks when me made this trip.  Laney made sure he was held a lot and loved on.  It was so nice to have a little shadow.  It helped me not miss my girls so much since I had a little one to keep my mind off Emma and Ellie.
 While we were in Brigham City, we were able to go through the Brigham City temple's open house.  It is a gorgeous temple.  I enjoyed going through and finding all the places I could find the picture of a peach in the flooring, woodwork and windows.  Boyd is so excited that his hometown now has a temple.  It is a beautiful addition to Brigham City.
 Boyd and his sister Bonnie
 Laney holding and feeding Porter.
 While we were in Utah, we were able to pick up Kyle and spend a few hours with him.  So, he had the unique opportunity to meet his brother.  He held him and said he was cute.  I am so glad we were able to spend time with Kyle.  Everytime I see Kyle, I realize how much I miss him.  It was so fun to just hang out together.
 Michael, one of Boyd's nephews, holding Porter.
Boyd's family opened their home to us so we could stay with them during our short visit.  We are so grateful to Holly and Bonnie who let us stay at their home.  I am so glad Boyd's family was able to meet Porter, although we were there for a sad reason,  All in all, our trip went well and we were so glad to go and celebrate the life of Darlene Crystal Carlsen Stephensen.  I felt very strongly that once we were in Brigham City, Darlene found a way to see her newest grandson.  For those who don't know, she has been blind for the last 22 years of her life.  They say the spirit resides near the body until it is buried.  I definitely believe this and know Darlene saw Porter.

No comments: