My niece Kayla stayed with us for 2.5 weeks. It was so fun to have her around. Kyle and her got along beautifully. They had fun and even fought a little like real cousins do.
July 16th the Japanese group arrived. This is my third year to be a teacher guide for a group of Japanese students. My job is to find 13 host families, teach English classes in the mornings, and go on field trips in the evenings. We also have an evening welcome party and farewell party that I am supposed to attend.
The group came and that first weekend, we took a trip to Denver, CO. We needed to deliver Kayla to her mother who was up from TX visiting Kara and Joey. Kyle begged his mom to come along since it was his weekend to spend with us. So, we piled in and headed on our first trip with kids. Once again there was laughter and tears in the car as the two learned how to get along with each other. We were only in Denver 1.5 days. It was enough time for Boyd to get sick, and for us to visit a friend from Sherman, TX. We squeezed in sacrament meeting and then were off to UT. The ride back was pretty peaceful. Kyle spent his time on his Nintendo DS. We also sang songs and told stories. I still cannot get over how Kyle was on a trip with us. Things are so great with his mom. She trusts us with Kyle and it sure seems natural to see him every other weekend.
After arriving back from Denver, I went back to teaching the Japanese students and Boyd went back to climbing cell towers, and doing some residential electrical work. The Japanese program went great. I loved so many of the students and even cried when they sang a Japanese song during the farewell party. Thursday, July 31st I went to the airport with them to send them on their way. We had a fun time of getting the weight down on some of the students suitcases. All was well and I felt like this had been a great experience.
Well, I had plans to go babysit my friends little guy and then take to car to get inspected and such. My plans changed drastically. I had just received the tour of my friends place and was elated to have 8 hours with a 3 month old baby, when I thought, I should go to the bathroom before his dad left. I went in and to my horror and shock I noticed what resembled a period. I was bleeding. My first thought was, I am bleeding, and then, I am pregnant. So, I was frazzled and scared and I called my ob and his nurse said go to labor and delivery. I was so frantic to get to the hospital that I tripped over the sprikler and skinned both knees, my ankle and landed on one side of my stomach. Great I thought. I just crushed my poor baby. Of course all the roads I took were dead ends, but finally I made it to the hospital. I walked in and said, "I am 33 weeks and I am bleeding." They immedieately guided me to a room to check it out. I ended up staying fro 24 hours just to be monitored. I was told I could go home when I stopped bleeding, or if the baby was in danger and I had a C-section. Of course my first thoughts were, I am not ready for the baby right now. I still have 7 weeks to go. After 24 hours, the doctor had me stay another 24 hours, because I had bled early that morning. I started crying at the thought that I might be here forever. They did an ultrasound to check the amniotic fluid amount and to see if there was a rupture in the placenta. Nothing showed up to be wrong. However, the lady did tell me that my baby had lots of hair. I cried through the ultrasound and a good portion of the morning. I just wanted to be home, I have to get ready for school to start, and I have errands to run. Sitting in a hospital for 48 hours was not on the agenda. Well after one more day of the hospital I was blood free and therefore told I could go home. I was so excited, I was changed packed, and ready in minutes. It was so nice to be home again, but I did spend a good amount of time sleeping and relaxing.
This weekend was Kyle's weekend and he was so sad that he couldn't come, so he begged his mom again and I told her, we are just going to be staying at home cause I need to take it easy and rest. Surprisingly so, Kyle just wanted to hang with us and was very helpful when I would ask him to hand me things. So, Kyle got his wish, I got my wish and we had a fun and relaxing weekend.
Today, Aug. 4, 2008 I went to my doctor's appt. and had a 34 wk. ultrasound. I discovered little Emma Hope is average. She weighs about 5 pounds, is faced down and has yes, quite a bit of hair. Everything seems normal but my chances of going early are great. We are praying that she stays in long enough for her lungs to develop so we can bring her home. We don't want her to come too early. All in all, this experience was a wake-up call for both Boyd and I. We have just been busying our life with school and work that Sept. seemed so far away. I guess it is really just around the corner and we are anxious and excited to meet our little girl.
(Sorry there were no pictures to go along with the story but my computer is acting up and I can't figure out how to get picturs on the UVU computer I am using today.)
3 comments:
That was a scary post regarding your trip to the hospital. I'm glad things are okay now. You and your family will be in my prayers.
I am so glad that you are ok. I hope the little one hangs on for a few more weeks. I can't believe you are that close.
I have to find out how to ship my kids off to my sisters.......
Hi Alisha! How are you doing? Congratulations! I am so excited for you and I am glad everything is okay. I came across your blog through Trisha's blog. I hope you don't mind if I put a link on mine. :)
Post a Comment