Thursday, September 25, 2008

Milk is in and Sleep is out

Too cute for words. Sometimes, I look at those big blue eyes and think my baby is so cute. This is one of those pictures that shows this. All mothers love their babies, but I sure think she has beautiful eyes and she is so fun to watch when her eyes are open and she is scanning the area.
Gotta be modest
Sleeping soundly, probably during the day
I love this infant boppy. It is like a plush pillow for Emma. I take it in every room I am in so when I need to set her down, I can provide a comfy place for her. She loves it until she realizes those warm arms that once held her have been replaced by a pillow.
I put Emma in a swing. This was on the day we brought her home from the hospital. She didn't quite sit up straight, so I didn't let her swing for too long. Over time, she has become better at laying straight and enjoying the swing. It still isn't her favorite, but in time I know she will like it better.

Well eversince my milk came in, our keeping her up at night has not worked out so well. She is totally milk drunk after feeding. She is so deep in her sleep that I cannot rouse her easily. Of course she is crying for more a few hours later and then more a few hours later. I decided we are like firefighters. We stay up all night and sleep during the day. As long as I get my rest, this is okay, but I'd really like to alter her habit of sleeping for hours on end to the nighttime hours and not so much during the day. I want to enjoy her during the bright sunny day. At night, I think, "Please sleep so I can."

Emma is one week old. I can hardly believe it. She is doing well. She eats well, sleeps well, and even spends a little time with her eyes open discovering the world around her. I wanted to get some pictures of her at one week, but all we did today was sleep. I passed out when she did. This will get me good and rested for a potentially busy night feeding and consoling. Despite this, I love to be a mom. It is fun to spend so much time with such a precious little soul.

Maybe tonight or tomorrow I can get more pictures of her. For now, enjoy a few pictures I haven't posted yet.

1 comment:

knjfabela said...

Happy one week!!! Time flies so enjoy those nights when she just wants to cuddle becasue before to long she will think she is to big!