Emma allowed me to sleep for three straight hours. Then I fed her and tried to put her back down to sleep, but she would wake up about 5 min. after I had laid down again. She had bubbles in her tummy, she needed a diaper change, and she just couldn't settle down. After two hours of trying to console her, and help her fall asleep, I gave up. I went downstairs to wake up Oma, my mother, so I can get a little sleep before I needed to feed her again. My mom was up with her for about 2 hours, I fed her and then the little turkey went right to sleep at about 6:30 AM. She is still confused about day time and night time appropriate behavior. She wasn't bawling the whole time, just wimpering, or looking around and I knew there was no way I would be able to set her down until she fell in a deeper sleep.
Thank heavens for Oma. It was nice to close my door, get some sleep, and know my baby was okay.
4 comments:
do you know what's funny about his post? that it was posted t 5:47 am. only a new mom would keep those hours! oh it's so tiring those first few months! I remember thinking at one point, "wow, it's winter outside." that was months into the winter, and it's so much work with those tiny ones, it seems like the world just blurs around you and time doesn't pass the same way it does for you normally.
she is so beautiful. good luck with the sleeping! and i have a few of those velcro blankets... they really worked for my neighbor, truman actually slept on his tummy (gasp! murmur! gasp!) so he didn't use them. I need to figure a way to get them to you, without bringing my croupy little truman along...
i love you and good luck!
She is sooo beautiful!! Congrats!
Hey Alisha! I love the pictures, she is so adorable! I was visiting Torre's blog and hope you don't mind me being nosy on yours ... congrats and enjoy your time off!
Lish, What a cute picture with her name under her. She looks just like a little doll and cozy and warm. We are excited for you and look forward to watching her grow up and experiance all her first by blog site. Thanks for staying up to date. The boys and I check every night at the changes and news from our family up in Utah.
Post a Comment