Sunday, September 21, 2008

Our first night with Emma

A Cute Daddy/Daugher Moment
Well, the first night went alright. Emma is in her own room that is literally five steps away from Boyd and I. She sure had a hard time settling down. So I handed her over to Boyd and she just got real quiet and stared in his eyes. Boyd said, "Oh she's a Daddy's girl." I hope so. It will be nice to not be the only one who can soothe her at night.

Once we put her down, I was up several times because her soothie fell out. Then the feeding began and about 3 AM Emma felt it was time to be wide awake. I fell asleep in the glider while my mother walked with a crying Emma. I am glad I was able to catch a few hours of sleep. After the next feeding I set her down and told Boyd to wrap her up and place her back in the cradle. Emma is a wiggly worm. Everytime I would wrap her as tight as I could, she would work those legs and arms and before you knew it she was right out of the blanket and crying again. This made for many trips to her room throughout the night. Overall, it went well, but I did not get to sleep in until 10 AM like I love to on Sundays. Those days are officially over.
Bytheway, I have to brag about my husband. He made dinner and breakfast for my mom and I. He even did the dishes for both meals. The table was set and the food was prepared well. I am so glad I married a man who really helps with the daily household duties. He is great. It sure took a load off of me and it kept me from snacking. Good job Daddy!

My mom, Oma, is here helping me adjust to being a mommy. She gave Emma a bath this morning. Needless to say, Emma was not used to this and cried through it all. Now she is nice and clean and smells amazing.

Oma drying Emma off

She seems to enjoy being clean more than getting clean.

Safe in the arms of Oma.

2 comments:

knjfabela said...

We LOVE Oma too!!! She was a miracle worker when she was here to help with Kaiya! Take advantage of all the help. Also take a nice long shower because those days are pretty much over for a while!

Torre said...

My sister uses some kind of swaddling blanket with velcro on it so the baby won't come undone in the night. She got it at Babies R Us.