Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Back to Work

Today was my first day back to teaching. I have had 2 months off. It has been so nice. I finally believe I have emotions. I am the kind of person who doesn't cry a whole lot. Even when I was pregnant I did not cry too much. I'm level headed and non-emotional.
Well, this lasted until last night. I rocked Emma to sleep, well I tried, and I sang every song I could think of. Tears just flowed down my cheeks as I sang to her. I am not sure if it was the Spirit that was strong, or just the truth of me returning to work setting in. Then today, as I dropped off Emma at my sisters at 7:10 in the morning, I choked up really good. I became quite emotional as I drove further and further away from my daughter. Don't get me wrong, I have the best babysitter in the world, Kaiya (and Kara.) lol It still was very difficult to leave her. I guess I do have emotions afterall.
However, I had the sweetest welcome back waiting for me at school. My class double cleaned the classroom for my return. Plus, I had the sweetest notes from my students. Best of all, I had a dear close friend and co-worker really surprise me with useful and great gifts all day long. Items kept appearing on my desk mysteriously. At the end of the day, a note revealed the source. I was more than touched. I felt, someone at work was really thinking about my emotions and this meant the world to me.
Hanging Out on a Blanket at Kara's. Look at the head lift.
Emma's babysitter

A cute smiling face for you

I think Emma misses me when I go to class on Tuesday nights. Thank goodness, yesterday was my last class.

Here is a picture of the sweet gifts that mysteriously appeared on my desk. Thank you so much Michelle. You are the best! I felt so loved and understood in my moment of sadness!

A package of Peanuts tissues: " I know some days it will feel like life has thrown you a curve ball at our school and you'll want to cry, but know I'm here for you!"

A package of candy shaped lip gloss: "It's sweet to have you back!"

A big lotion: "Take a moment today and relax. April will come soon enough, then May and then its done. We love you!"

A baby bottle filled with Andes chocolates: This had a sweet note attached

1 comment:

knjfabela said...

I am sad you have to go back to work too! I know how hard it must be. We will take care of Emma the best we know how! It is funny what motherhood does to your emotions, sometimes I think I might cry....then I ask myself,"What happened to you? You used to be so tough!"