Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Pictures on the Couch

Gotta love that face
Staring at something

Emma moves those legs all the time. She must be strong

I propped her up on the couch. I had to take a quick picture or she would tumble over.

A content one for right now

Tonight we had quite the adventure. With Kara out of town, I brought Emma to class again. Last time I brought her she slept all the way through class. This time she was fussy from the minute I was there. I managed to get her to sleep off and on for a while. I was so embarassed that I could not get her to stop crying while others were trying to learn. I tried everything. I ended up stepping out to change her diaper, and from then on the screams really started. Lots of people passed me in the hall saying it was so great to hear a baby cry. (They must be crazy.) Emma screamed and screamed until finally one lady told me to just go in the corner of the room and nurse her. By this time I had wrapped her up and tried to soothe her to sleep. She already was getting close, so I went back in the class. I stood in the corner of the room and rocked her. She heard some loud noise and was back to screaming again. I decided it wouldn't hurt to nurse her in the corner of the room. So, I did. I was very discreet with my nursing blanket and listened to the rest of the class while I nursed. Thank goodness all the students in this endorsement class were women and were not bothered by my need to feed.

I think Emma is growing. I feel like she cries for food about every 2hrs. She normally goes a good three hours. I fed her during the last hour of class and then when we made it home, I fed her again. At least, after this last feeding she was in a good mood for the pictures I took of her on the couch.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

She is so cute and it looks like you are all doing really well! I am glad to have finally found your blog so we can keep in touch more. Love you girl!
Jamie