Sunday, August 16, 2009

More Pictures from this Week

Most of this week has been spent in my classroom getting ready for school to start. Emma came along and always found something to get into. It is amazing how going to a school with a baby reduces your work by 1/3. It seemed 1/3 of the time was spent changing diapers, feeding Emma, and soothing her to sleep. Despite all the distractions, it was so fun for me to see Emma at school. She would climb in this little window and wave to me if I was on the other side. She enjoyed pulling down my book bins and sitting in the book shelf. It was interesting to me to watch Emma discover toys I never knew I had.
This weekend Kyle came over and even though he wants me to believe that Emma is annoying, I still find him playing so well with her. Here he is helping her in her toy. He was very careful she didn't lean up against the swinging door. Just prior to this picture they were rolling the football to each other. (cute!)
Here he is teaching Emma how to climb to the slide. Don't worry, I was there to catch her on the way down. It is times like these that I realize Kyle DOES love Emma.
I have decided no more baby food for this baby. It is so easy to open a can of food and be done with it, but Emma needs practice with her 4 teeth coming in. So, she is often found eating carrots, green beans, and easy-mac. She loves her green beans and carrots. She always finishes the veggie cup whenever it is poured on her tray. (even if she has already had other food for lunch.) I am running out of ideas for good food for babies with few teeth, so please feel free to share what else you fed your kids at this stage. So far she has had, applesauce, oatmeal, ham and cheese shredded, and a baked potato without the skin. I just get bored of the same stuff and I think she must too. So, I am open for ideas.

1 comment:

Aria Eden said...

Sariah LOVED sweet potatoes (mashed or as fries, both were and are a hit). Yogurt with baby cereal mixed in, shredded cheese, and mashed beans (great source of protein) were also successful. Frozen Peas, chopped up frozzen grapes and half a frozen gogurt were great for sore gums! I pretty much gave her whatever we were eating, but in smaller pieces (chopped or blended in the blender). Occassionally she would try to swallow things whole and gag, but she learned. :) Good luck!