Monday, I took the day off to take Emma to her 1 year wellness appt. It was so nice to have the day off to be with her. Everything went well. The doctor thinks the breakout she had on her birthday was due to the amoxycillan (sp) she took for her ear infection. Apparently she is allergic to this. Her doctor said she would probably be able to take this drug again when she is 3 or 4, but for now it is too much for her body.
Emma was hysterical when she was dressed down to a diaper to be measured. She was scared for sure. When the time came for her to get her flu shot and other immunizations, she cried so loud. As I watched her, tears came to my eyes to see her in pain. However, I loved how cute the star band aid was they gave her.
A few hours later I went to my appt. I was 17 weeks. Crazy! I feel like I am almost halfway done with my pregnancy, and I don't remember it even happening. I guess this is what happens when you stay busy with work and a child. Time has flown by for sure. So far I have only gained 2 pounds during this pregnancy. This makes me happy. I did start out 6 lbs. heavier than I was with Emma, but still 8 pounds in 17 weeks. I like this. I know it won't stay this way... so I am enjoying it while I can! Also, I had the flu shot. So Emma and I both were in a little bit of pain the rest of the day.
Can you see her 4 teeth? Yesterday, we discovered 2 more coming, left top and bottom
Emma now weighs 20 lbs. 14 oz 50th percentile
She is 31.5 inches tall 97th percentile
Her head is growing too 45.5 50th percentile
Here are a few things Emma is now doing. She is learning and growing more each day. It is so fun to witness this.
Emma will give me her sippy cup when she wants more milk!
Emma can stand up on her own for a few seconds before she falls ( 9/23/09)
Emma can walk 2 steps without holding onto anything
She is often found in her room emptying her books from her bookshelf.
She reads her books at her leisure of course
She puts both hands around your neck and squeezes for the best hug ever. We love this!
She also will open her mouth and give you a kiss on the cheek (teeth and all)
This week I taught Emma how to eat a frozen go-gurt! ( she does a great job)
We sure love our little girl! She has brought so much to our life. I feel Boyd and I are more selfless and more compassionate as we take care of Emma. She also brings laughter and joy when we snicker at how silly she can be and how cute she is! I am so glad Emma is a part of our family. I am amazed how much I love her more each day as I start to really appreciate her personality that is shining through. Thank you Emma for making me a better person!
2 comments:
I can't believe you are almost half way through with your pregnancy! That means it is getter closer to the time I get to come see y'all.
Congrats on being 1/2 through your pregnancy. Yeah! It's funny reading Emma's stats because they're almost identical to McKay's current stats. He's kind of a skinny tall kid. Aren't kids great?!?! I love watching them grow and learn new things.
Post a Comment