This is one of Emma's favorite toys. Notice it is not a kid toy, and now my wire whisk bends in ways it is not supposed to.
You can see the satisfaction on her face from getting her favorite toy down to play with. Normally, she will grab the thing she wants and just drop it on the ground. Then, she plops down and enjoys her toy.
So, we bought a costume of Anakin that was a 10-12 boys for Kyle. The only other size available was the 4-6 boy. Needless to say, the 10-12 was a bit large for Kyle. When we showed Kyle, we noticed also on the outside of the package it said, Husky 10-12. Kyle is not husky at all. So, Boyd tried it on and other than being a little snug, it actually fit. (minus the mask)
Here, you can see that a Husky 10-12 just doesn't work for Kyle. He had fun playing in the costume though.
Emma found part of Kyle's costume and was trying to play with it. Kyle is learning to share with a very inquisitive little sister.
The night of the party, I dressed Emma and then went to grab my camera to take a picture of our little tiger. She managed to mess up her make-up in the time it took to grab the camera. So, now we have a black-eyed tiger.
At the party they had headless horseman pony rides. I walked along side Emma so she wouldn't tumble. She didn't cry, so I think she liked it.
I loved how there were tons of seats downstairs where the games were. We could sit and relax while Kyle played all the games.
Dad and his little Tiger
Here, she is acting a little like a tiger.
I was looking at the pictures we had already taken and a lady said, "Would you like me to take your picture?" She thought that was what we were doing. Even though we weren't doing that, I thought, "What a great idea!"
Here is Kyle in the correct sized costume. (7-8) He had so much fun at this party and already asked what he could be next year for it.
One of the events was to get your picture taken. The lady took ours with our camera, but will also send the picture from her camera to our e-mail. Kyle looks like he is scared to sit near me. I promise he is not always this way. I think he just wanted to get a quick picture and then play more games and get more candy.
We went to my friend Jed's annual Halloween party this year. It was amazing. 200 + people came. Half of the adults dressed up and the other half came in regular clothes. There were game stations, dinner, pictures, and amazing interactive decorations. I am so glad it worked out to go this year. I also am so happy Kyle loved it. I realize now parties are for kids. I was tuckered out after going up and down stairs, waiting in lines, and following Kyle to different activities. Even so, I loved it and look forward to doing this again next year. Thanks Jed for your creativity.
3 comments:
I love that picture of your family! Alisha, you look really pretty too! Seeing Emma in that costume brings back memories of last year! We sure are going to miss y'all.
Boyd should have kept the husky costume!!
Fun Fun!!!
Post a Comment