Thursday, October 22, 2009

Our Big Girl

Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice. That is what little girls are made of. This is also what our family is made of.

In February, another little girl is coming to our home. Emma is really going to be a great big sister to her little Irish Twin sister. With these girls being only 17-18 months apart, my doctor said they are Irish Twins. They are born so close together that it will seem like they are twins as they get past the baby phase.

Speaking of baby, this baby is weighing about 3 weeks ahead of schedule and is 2 weeks ahead of schedule in length. I wonder if this means, my due date is off a week or two. Time will tell, but I sure think I look quite big to only be nearly 22 weeks.

Everyday Emma looks bigger to me. She just isn't a baby anymore with her incessant babbling and her determination to walk everywhere and climb everything.
We finally bit the bullet and put Emma in a forward facing car seat. She was getting way to long for her infant one and it was getting really heavy to cart her around. This means, we now have no means of containing Emma at church. She waddles around and really makes for a very interesting Sabbath Service. I do think we are learning patience though. :)
I am trying to do her hair, but lets face it. I am not the next hair stylist in the neighborhood. Emma's hair is really fine and I can only get a little pony tail out of it. I wish I could just throw a band in her hair, but she will pull it out and it looks silly with all her hair creeping around the top and bottom.
Oma gave Emma this totally adorable purple plaid skirt. With Emma walking around in it, she just looked so big. She even kept her Sunday shoes on the whole day. It was a huge accomplishment for us.
Here Emma, is playing in the kitchen while Mommy and Daddy get ready.

5 comments:

knjfabela said...

We are so excited about the baby and can't wait to meet her! We were so short on girl grandbabies for such a long time I guess we are now making up for it! Little baby stephensen puts us girls up by one! I totally agree with you! Emma is looking so grown up. She has changed so much and is showing so much more personality since we left Utah.

Mandalynn said...

Exciting news about baby. My brother and I are only 17 months apart. It was great being so close in age - We were best friends growing up.

Rachel Allen said...

Congrats! I had a feeling you were going to have another girl! You and Tiff having girls. What fun! Hope all is going well. Maybe you'll beat me out when it comes to delivery.

The Tanner's said...

How exciting another girl!! Tann and Brek are 10 months apart and we were also told they are Irish Twins - it is fun having them so close in age, especially girls, they can share so many things. Im just afraid when they are teens and fighting over boys .. lol. We cant wait to meet the new little one. Congrats to you, Boyd and Little Miss Emma.

Love - Aneka and Buddy

Shelley Nicole said...

I love that little chick!!! And you don't look big, you're just fine! Maybe she'll come early!