Saturday, October 31, 2009

Dress-up Days

Jen Spencer-NBA player. Check out her huge shoes, Me-a prisoner, I think I make a better princess than a prisoner. Michelle Bird- a witch. She even brought her own black cat, Shelley Young-hick/hillbilly

Cave girl, Hannah Montanna, and A teacher dressed up as the Hannah Montanna teacher
Our ward had a carnival on Friday night. It was so fun. We had chili, hot cocoa, apple cider, homemade root beer, scones, and their were games to play. Anyone in the neighborhood was invited to this October carnival.

I talked to a few people I know from the ward, but it seemed like people who don't attend church on Sunday would talk to me more. I met a really cute couple who have a one year old, she's due in Jan. and they moved here about two months before us. ( very similar to our situation) They said "We don't go to church, so you probably haven't seen us there." Boyd talked forever with the couple across the street who also haven't been to church. I am so glad these people came out to the carnival. Boyd has been trying to get them to come out to all kinds of activities since we have been here.
I helped Emma play two games. She was tired and a little cold. I made sure she wore tights, and a long sleeve onsie underneath. She also had a beanie on under her ears. I think she loved the chili and hot chocolate. Her face is a mess because she had hot chocolate that had cooled down. She guzzled it and was wired for a few hours. We were able to see how sugar really does affect our baby girl.

1 comment:

Rachel Allen said...

I miss those days at Snow Springs. You guys look great! It was weird celebrating Halloween with it being too warm to wear our costumes very long.