For Thanksgiving, we went to Kenny's house, Boyd's brother. We gathered together for food, games, and football. It was so fun to be around each other. Although, they live closer than my side of the family, we still only see them a few times a year. This year Kyle came with us for Thanksgiving. It was fun to have the whole family together for such a special occasion. Our visit was short due to getting Kyle back to his mother and Black Friday deals that started at midnight, so we will be spending more time with Kenny's family come Christmas break.
It seems like one of the things to do at Kenny's is to ride around on their 4 wheelers. Boyd loves to drive these, and I have enjoyed these in the past. So, Boyd took me around the orchard on one and he gave Emma a little ride. Kyle was not interested in riding these at all. Don't worry, I would only let Boyd drive Emma around a small area and at a slow speed.
She seemed complacent about the whole ordeal.
This is KC, Kenny's son. Emma fell asleep in his arms while he watched TV. I thought this was a sweet picture of them.
After the Black Friday fiasco was completed, and we came home and slept all day like it was night, Emma opened her Christmas bag from Oma and Opa. My mom gets the cutest things for her grandkids. Then, she lets them open their presents early so they can use the gifts all season long. Here is Emma digging in her bag.
She received several Christmassy tops and...
a stuffed Santa and a stuffed snowman. Emma loves stuffed animals. She holds them tight to her body like a baby.
She also received her very own Baby Einstein Christmas CD
Plus, she received a book. Emma loves and I mean loves books. She loves to look at the pictures. If there is a book in the room, Emma will open it up. I think we have a scholar on our hands.
Another favorite of Emma's is playing on a keyboard. She will pull the computer keyboard down off the desk by her self, plop down and punch the keys. We tried to prevent this, but we gave in realizing, she was doing less damage on this one than she would on my work laptop.
She also loves to come in Mommy and Daddy's room to take off with the real cell phone. We have given her our old ones and even bought her this cute pink one. Apparently, nothing compares to the real deal!
This was Emma's first Christmas outfit. The sweater came from Oma. I was so excited for her to wear it. I think it is the cutest thing around. So, I put together a little holiday Sunday outfit for her. You will be seeing lots of pictures this season because she needs to wear all of her Christmas tops. I counted 12 in her closet. Plus she has 4 red dresses and three pairs of Christmas pants. She will be decked with red and green all December.
Lately, Emma will touch my face. I play along a make a honking sound when she touches my nose. So, now it is game. Anytime she climbs up close, she will touch my nose to get the honking sound. Of course giggles follow this for as long as I allow it to go on.
Emma is a happy baby. We have so much fun with her. Everyday, I see the light going on in her head as she makes connections, uses new sounds in her vocabulary and remembers where her favorite things are in the house.
2 comments:
You know what is funny?.....Kaiya recieved that same sweater from Oma and Opa and I dressed her in a jean skirt and red tights yesterday!!! Pretty funny we dressed them the exact same.
Hi, Alisha this is Shana Mortenson I noticed your blog off of Melissa Balantyne's and was excited to see photos of your baby girl, which is not a baby anymore. How old is she? she's darling!!!
Post a Comment