Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A Day in My Current Life

Emma keeps me entertained all day long. She is very creative and silly!
Little Ellie sleeps most of the day and night. So, this is what I see most of the time.

One and a half weeks ago I was busy with teaching and grading papers. The stress level of this was pretty high and I was nearly 10 months pregnant.

Now, the baby is here and my life has changed dramatically. Things have calmed down a lot and the stress is not there any more. Instead, my life is full of daily routines and mommy duties. It is a slower paced life and I am starting to really enjoy some of the special mommy and me moments I get to share with Emma.

This is what I normally do in a given day at home. Wake up, get Emma up, dress her, make and feed her breakfast, clean up her highchair and her after eating, I eat, Feed Ellie, put Ellie back in her crib, play with Emma and read books with Emma, change Emma's diaper, change Ellie's diaper, Watch HI-5 with Emma, Put Emma down for nap, take a nap myself, Wake up Emma, prepare and feed Emma lunch, Clean up the tray and her again, I eat, change Emma's diaper, Feed Ellie again, Play with Emma, Try to get some house duties done like unload or load the dishwasher, and putting away the laundry, Get Emma a snack, change Emma's diaper, change Ellie's diaper, Play more with Emma, hold Ellie, Prepare dinner for Emma, Feed Emma, Clean up Emma and her highchair, I eat dinner, Feed Ellie, and at 7:00 sit back relax and watch my shows. It is crazy how there is always something to do. I am most happy about nap time. Ellie, Emma and I get in a good nap each day. I need this. For some reason, new baby probably, I am always quite tired. It is a new lifestyle for me, but I am starting to get used to these daily mommy duties.

1 comment:

Torre said...

Wow! Busy Mama! That's a lot of diapers. I guess I have it pretty good with Laney potty trained and able to buckle herself in her carseat. I don't know how you do it! Do you just hate the thought of coming back to school?