Friday, March 12, 2010

Ice Cream, Friends, and Ellie is 2 weeks

Ellie is over 2 weeks old now. She had her 2 week wellness appt. on Monday the 8th of March. Boyd took her because I was home feeling horrible. The doctor is very pleased with Ellie's growth. She is now 7 lbs. 3 oz. She regained her birthweight and then some. This is still smaller than Emma was at 2 weeks. Emma, on the other hand did not regain her birthweight at her 2 week appt. So, I was so excited to hear Ellie is growing like she is supposed to.

Emma was really lucky this week. On Wed. a lady in my ward took Emma to the play date at the church. It was nice to have only one child needing my attention. Plus, I was able to put away some of the laundry. I also know Emma needed someone to play with. She seemed very happy when she came home 2 hours later.

The very next day, Emma's good buddy, Faith came over to play. Faith is the daughter of Emma's babysitter. I hate to call them sitters because thy really are just great friends. So Faith and her mom came over to play for a bit. Then they invited us over to their house for dinner and hanging out. It was the first time for me to really leave the house. So, I took both girls, had a delicious dinner and just enjoyed being a real human instead of a 24 hour food service for a while.
Emma had a blast hanging with her friends and eating ice cream. She had ice cream all over her face. I am glad she had a great time. A big thank you to our friends who invited us over for a fun evening. I hope we didn't stay too long. Emma was glad to be back in familiar territory with lots of attention from other kids, I enjoyed being around good people, and Ellie had plenty of arms to hold her.

1 comment:

Rachel Allen said...

I'm coming to Utah this weekend and will be up for 2 weeks. We should get together and hook up with Tiff so we can get all our new babes and toddlers in the same room. I'll give you a call.