Saturday, March 20, 2010

Spending Time with the Family

Ellie and Oma
I love this one. Both Oma and Ellie have their mouths agape. (how cute)
I can't tell you how many times my mom would hold Ellie for me while I ate, slept, ran errands, or just wanted a break. Oma is really good at rocking babies and getting them to calm down.
Emma is slowly understanding who Oma and Opa are. A nice comfortable lap is always nice for Emma to plop in.
It is tradition for my mom to bathe my babies when she visits. Ellie was a pretty good sport, but did not love her bath.
Here you can see just how Ellie really felt.
Afterwards she was dried off and massaged down in coconut oil and lotion. Once again she wasn't a fan of this. Just think, as adults we would pay money to get massaged with coconut oil, and this baby is getting the special treatment for free and isn't enjoying it.
Opa, is holding Ellie. Many times, Oma, Boyd and I were busy, so it was nice to hand over Ellie to Opa who was willing to hold Ellie while I finished doing whatever it was I needed to do. It is always nice to have many hands to help hold this sweet baby.
From the picture maybe you can see that this is a double stroller. Amazing how in just a few short years I have gone from married to one baby and now two. I love this stroller. My parents brought this up from Texas. Kara, my sister, found it at an incredible price and picked it up to give to me. It will be used over and over again as the sun comes out and we can go for walks. Emma loves it. She climbs in and out of it while it is sitting in the front room. It is just another toy for her. I enjoyed taking both girls out for walks with David, Oma and Opa. It was beautiful and so nice to leave my house. I have been getting cabin fever. While I was resting from a long night with Ellie, Oma and Opa once again put this stroller to good use. They took both girls on a long walk. (Notice the cute St. Paddy's Day Pigtails in Emma's hair, compliments of my mom)

1 comment:

Aria Eden said...

LOVE the picture of your mom with Ellie with their mouths open! Isn't family wonderful?