Saturday, July 31, 2010

Way Behind

My mother came up to Utah to watch my girls while I was part of a foreign exchange program. Students come from Japan and stay in Utah for 2 weeks. I was one of four teacher guides. In the morning we taught English. After an hour lunch, we would go on field trips in the area. Each day my mom brought the girls up to me on my lunch so I could feed Ellie. My mom also brought Emma and Ellie to me on our full day excursions. On this day we were at Provo Canyon showing the Japanese students roasting hot dogs and making smores. The students just loved Emma and Ellie! Here Oma is giving Emma her first Smore ever!
The Japanese students enjoying my girls. Ellie actually fell asleep in one of the girls arms. She would not let her go. I tried many times to relieve her, but she wanted to hold Ellie!
Emma is so busy! She loves to stand or sit in the baby swing and play with the controls. Many times I find the swing going all on its own without a child in it.
So, Emma can climb in the baby crib. Poor Ellie! I normally hear a thud, and then Ellie screams. This used to be the safest spot for Ellie, but now it is only safe when Emma is in her crib as well.
She has found her toes and she will suck on them. I love this phase!
My little Ellie is becoming more like a little person and less like a blob. For several months babies are just there and do not have a lot of interaction. Now that Ellie is over 5 months, I feel like the things she does are so entertaining. She holds her feet, laughs a bit, and smiles a lot.
Emma loves to play with her sissy! She really enjoys playing in the bed and pulling the covers over her. On this day, both Emma and Ellie were trying to go "night night" in Mom and Dad's bed.

1 comment:

knjfabela said...

So glad you updated! It is always great so see new pics of the girls! I love the one of them in the pack-n-play. Emma is so proud of her accomplishment and Ellie's face is just priceless. (Looks like she is scared out of her mind!) Can't wait to snuggle on them at Thanksgiving.