Sunday, November 28, 2010

9 months, picnic table, and Emma's messes.

Does our baby look different? Well, while mommy was sleeping, Emma decided to go through all of her make-up and smear it on. Emma was in bed with me trying to go to sleep. I fell asleep, and Emma got busy getting dolled up for the evening. When she left the room, Boyd saw her and made a comment about her skin color, and that is when I woke up. Boyd snapped a few pics, but I stayed in bed.

The next day, we also found a huge circle on my carpet full of make-up. Wow, she gets into trouble so easily. Thanks to Emma, my make-up supply has decreased drastically. When I looked inside my make-up bag I also found an open unused tampon smeared with make-up. I wonder if this was her cotton applicator for her new look?

Ellie Mei is 9 months.
Length 26 inches = 25%
Weight 17.lbs 14 oz. = 25%
Head Circ. 44.5 =50%

Ellie is so busy. She is really enjoying discovering new things. Her favorite thing is to be left alone in the girls' room to play with all the toys. This way, she can play with anything without Emma, getting jealous, possessive, and yanking the toy away from her. Ellie is progressing so much. She is constantly standing. She only needs a tiny support to stay up. It seems like only a month ago she mastered crawling, and now she is on to standing up and trying to walk with the aid of a toy or mommy and daddy. I don't think I am ready for her to grow up this fast.

This little picnic table was given to us by Grandma Stephensen. The girls love it so much. Emma loves to eat on it, play on it, and play under it. Ellie loves to play under it and use it as a crutch to help her stand.
Why is a table so much fun to play under?
Many times, this is where you can find the girls, having a ball under the picnic table.
This is Emma in time-out. She is here quite often. She was facing the wall with her arms folded until she saw me with the camera.
Sometimes Ellie gets stuck under the picnic table. Then, she cries out of frustration.
It was time to enjoy Oma's goody bag. Both girls had a great time opening their bags of Christmas stuff. They received so many cool things. Emma wanted me to open the body wash immediately
Ellie loves these duckies.
This little tree magna doodle is the prize of the night. Both girl were fighting over it all night long. It is so cute.
Ellie constantly drinks from Emma's sippy cup. She gets milk,oj, and any other drink I put in it. Emma doesn't even care. When I am not looking, she will even offer her sippy cup to Ellie. So, I decided maybe Ellie was ready to have her own sippy cup. She loved it. Since she has been sneaking a sip here and there from Emma's, she was amazing at using it too.
Decorating for Christmas, is always an ordeal. The girls looked at it as something else to play with. Needless to say, I had to decorate piece by piece. In the past, I would dump all my decoration out and then put them away. This was not an option with these two busy bodies around.
Yummy!
Lately, Emma has been taking things into her own hands. She must have really wanted mac 'n cheese, so she dragged the chair over to the pan and helped herself.

1 comment:

Torre said...

Oh,that Ellie is so tiny! I think Asher is about 23 lbs. and he's two months younger!