Sunday, November 14, 2010

Our Fall Update

We inherited some clothes from my sister Tanya's little one. It has been nice to have more variety in Ellie's wardrobe. She sent us these cute leggings and this super darling "abc denim dress" I saw these items and instantly knew I needed to put them together. I was excited to see how it turned out. Being a teacher and all, I loved it. If you look really closely, you might see a shiner under Ellie's left eye. Kyle was so excited to go watch Boyd play football that he ran right over her with his shoes as she was drinking her bottle. He had to help hold ice on her eye to help the swelling go down. It looked like someone had popped her in the eye. We are glad the bruise is gone and Ellie's face looks perfectly porcelain white again.
Getting Emma in her toddler bed continues to be a trial for us. She ends up playing a lot of the time. One night, after she had been in bed for two hours or so, Daddy went to go check on her and this is what he saw. He told me to hurry and get the camera. There she was, sitting in her emptied out drawer with the biggest grin ever. I wanted to pop that little smile off her face, but resisted the urge and told her she needed to get in bed. Emma is our busy little girl. Doesn't she look so proud of herself?
Ellie will be 9 months in 1 week. She has gone from cruiser to trying to pull herself up on everything so quickly. I know she mastered the crawl the first of October. Here, one month later she is standing with the aid of anything she can find. We are considering giving her a box a diapers for Christmas. She loves to push this box around and has found more joy in it than in any of her toys.
Ellie has the prettiest smile. I see it frequently because she is such a happy baby.
Emma is getting bigger everyday. Her vocabulary also increases daily. It is fun to see what she remembers from conversations we have together.
I keep reorganizing the toys on this book shelf for the girls. I want the shelf to look good when the kids aren't using it. I also want both Emm and Ellie to get to the toys they want easily. Ellie sure loves this house on the shelf. She enjoys being able to reach the toys. We don't have any books on the shelf because Emma was recently discovered ripping to shreds books. So, we have hid them under Emma's toddler bed. She is only allowed to read books when we are around.
The doctors call children who are just months apart in age Irish Twins. I have to concur. Emma and Ellie are so similar. They are two peas in a pod. We sure love them and treasure the moments we see them sharing. This is not always however. Emma is learning how to be a kind big sister. This has been a rough lesson for her. She spends a lot of time in time-out as she has bullied Ellie. It is so rewarding to see these girls getting along.
Do you see those sassy lips? She purses her lips when she is upset. It is cute but sassy.
Emma loves her sister!

Ellie loves it when she has the whole room to herself. At this time, she can play with any toy she wants without Emma stealing it from her. She loves to look at the toys in the big purple bucket. She also loves anything on the ground.
To me, it is a clothes hanger. To her, it is something to put in her mouth. Ellie puts everything in her mouth. We have to be very careful to pick up after ourselves, or Ellie will find it and digest it or at least try .

1 comment:

knjfabela said...

Thanks so much for the update! Kaiya was looking with me and as soon as she saw Emma and her mess she said,"oh no! That is naughty." It was so funny. I love the pic of the girls on the floor together. You can tell Emma really loves her baby sister!