It has been way to long since I last blogged on about our happenings. So, get your popcorn and soda and get ready for a blogapalooza that will take up your whole day. I hope you enjoy the update of December and now January.
For our 2 week vacation we went to Texas, my homeland. This was our first time to fly with two kids. Each parent was in charge of one child once we made it to the plane. Emma did fairly well with reading and entertaining herself. This was of course until she wanted out of her seatbelt and I wouldn't let her get up. Then she became quite possessive and said the armrest was hers and the seatbelt was hers. I couldn't touch anything near her without her claiming that as hers. So, I opened a book and delved in for the duration of the flight. All in all, the flight went by so quickly.
We were in a small plane, so Ellie was only allowed to be on the right side of the plane. This was the only side that had 3 air masks if needed. So, Boyd had to entertain her. She was wiggly and a bit bugged by the change in air pressure. Good thing we had some snacks for her.
One of the things we did in Texas was see Santa. He made a cameo at the Fort Worth Kids Museum. Emma was all about the candy cane she was given after the little photo op with Santa.
Kara and Kaiya took us to this museum. Kara was just sure that the girls would have a great time. Well, they did and this hugging picture just warms my heart. Emma loves Kaiya!
Boyd kept Ellie up on his shoulders so she could observe what was going on. I think she had the best seat in the house.
At this museum, there are some fun kid sections. One section is a baby section with nurse gowns, stethoscopes, babies, an ambulance, scale, and other instruments used in neonatal care.
Ellie just chilled mostly. When she can walk, I am sure she will be in on the action as well.
The other section was a fun grocery store. You could shop and check out. It was so fun to watch the girls play. Emma loved the cart and so did Kaiya. I also really loved the cash register part. How fun to have a life-size make believe grocery center.
When you moved the food over the conveyor belt, it would make noise it is was scanned. Here, Daddy is helpin Emma check out.
No, Emma didn't think of this. Ellie was only here for a short time
Emma and Kaiya taking care of the newborns
driving the ambulance
weighing a new baby
This was a little trolley seat. From here the girls could watch a little cartoon.
Our final spot was the dinosaur dig. Emma and Kaiya had no problem getting a little wet and sandy as they discovered dinosaur bones.
During the break, all the grandkids were together. So, Oma decided it would be a fun time decorating cookies. From 13 to 10 months, it was great to have all 11 grand kids in the same area. Emma loved the candy. She kept digging new treats from new bowls. She is a sweet hound for sure!
Alexis eating a cookie in peace
Emma and Kayla
Check out her candy covered lips. Chocolate is so yummy!
Emma, Ellie, and I were so spoiled. All the older kids wanted to play with my girls and my duties as a mother were lessened quite a bit. Ashlynn, is swinging Emma here. Bless her heart. She wanted to change diapers, and play with my girls. You are hired Ashlynn.
We also gathered all together on a different day for pictures. We had Grannie, my Mom and Dad, all the kids, grandkids, and 2 of the 4 son-in-laws. We took this opportunity to get some family shots and individual pictures. Kara and Christy Fabela, a good friend, were the photographers. All the pictures turned out great. While you waited for your family or individual pictures, the kids were allowed to ride the horse. Emma did really well on her second ever horse ride. Her first ride was on a pony.
It was really cold, but Emma loved the ride anyway.
My mom's house was crowded with kids and fun. Emma and Alexis tinkled the ivories and made up their own songs. It was a welcomed sound. I think they want to be just like the older cousins and siblings, great piano players.
We spent Christmas morning in Texas. The girls were pleased to find toys, and candy left by Santa Claus. Boyd and I also enjoyed our stockings and appreciate Santa thinking of the parents this year.
Emma received these cute tinker bell characters. They are tiny but can fit in Emma's hand. I think we will let her take these to church to occupy her time. She also received 5 cute barbie like dolls and a Littlest Pet Shop Day Care.
Ellie was given a Little People Farm. She started playing with it right away.
She also enjoyed playing with Emma's toys.
Uncle David gave the girls matching Minnie sweaters. The girls love them!
Also while we were in Texas, we were able to attend my good friend, Michelle's wedding. We went to the wedding, luncheon, and reception. It was so beautiful to be in the sealing room. Michelle and I have taught together for nearly 5 years now. She is a dear friend who loves my girls like her own nieces. We are so happy for her. I was so grateful to be their on her special day and see Michelle be sealed to the man of her dreams. In all the years we have been friends, I knew this day would come and it did and was well worth the wait.
At the reception, Emma kept gravitating toward Michelle. She looked gorgeous. Emma just wanted to be with her every moment. Michelle was so kind to hold and talk with Emma despite it being her "big"day.
We took turns holding Ellie who just wanted to stand up and check things out.
Here, I am holding Ellie while watching the Wedding Video of Matt and Michelle. I love the video and could watch it over and over again.
She just wouldn't let go of her.
Emma loved the punch!
and the chocolate covered strawberries.
Our time in TX was perfect. We were able to see family and friends. It was great to be with so many dear family members. We know with us being in Utah, it is not always possible to see everyone each year. We had a great time and will never forget the many laughs and memories made at this time.
In January, Michelle and Matt had their open house. We attended it and it was also so beautiful. The only thing we didn't attend of Michelle and Matt's was their honeymoon. It was great to be a part of every aspect of their celebration. Here is Emma ready to go see Michelle again.
Ellie is dressed up and ready to go!
Back to the real life is tough but good. I had a hard time leaving my girls, but I was so glad Daddy could watch them the first few days back. Now both of us are back in school and work. We have our routine down and everything is back to normal. This includes Emma getting into trouble. Her most recent was dumping all the craisins out. Yep, that was a mess. Well, we are definitely on our toes all the time with this one.
I hope you enjoyed your picture walk through our December Break. I hope to be better at blogging in the future. We shall see.
2 comments:
I'm so glad y'all were able to come down for the entire 2 weeks! We had such a great time and made so many memories that we will treasure for a lifetime. Thanks for coming out and staying at our house it was fun to wake up and see your precious babies every morning. I loved having Emma around and her asking me," Hold you Kara, hold you?" Oh how we miss you, Boyd, and your little ones. I can't wait till the next time we get to see y'all again! (btw I think Ellie looks so much like you in the picture where she is making a run for Emma's new toys from Santa.)
What a great Christmas! You look beautiful in that red shirt. Thanks for sharing pictures of Michelle's wedding. I'm so happy for her!
Post a Comment