Well Wyoming turned out to be more of a pit stop. We were there for 2 months and loved loved the people we met in that time. We really liked the homey feeling in the ward. It was a tiny ward with a lot of heart. The people there made moving harder than we thought it would be...however both Boyd and I felt like we needed to move. Several important doors opened for us in Texas so we made the decision to move across country. Boyd drove the Penske with all our belongings including a car he had to tow. I had the kiddos. Lets just say, it took 1.5 days to get to Texas and it was a crazy drive with kids wanting snacks, a new movie, or more drink in their sippy cups. This is the first time I have ever driven more than 4 hours in one day. I was quite proud of myself. So, we are in TX and getting adjusted to our new surroundings. Since we have been here, we have really enjoyed our time. Here is what I consider to be the top 10 reasons why we love being in TX. (the order isn't relevant)
10. Having family close
9. Having family meals together with delicious food and great company every night
8. Hanging with the Twins
7. Play dates with Kaiya and Kara
6. Wednesday night visits from Chanda and Chandler
5. Having a vacation spot just 4 hours away with the Hughes'
4. Lots of support and help from family.
3. Night talks with Oma when I should let her go to bed early
2. Game time with David when the XBox is hooked up.
1. Being able to stay at home with the girls as I have always wanted to as a mother while Boyd is working hard! We love you honey!!!
Last Friday, the girls and I went to Fort Worth to play with Kaiya and Kara. We had a blast as we always do! Kaiya, Emma, and Ellie got dolled up in their rockstar attire, jewels and all, and sang and danced to their hearts content. Popular songs were "Baby" by Justin Bieber and the Rio song "I want to Party"

Ellie Sportin' the Mohawk

Our Pop Star Divas

Love these two!

Posing Tough?

Nothing like having a baby at a rock concert!

"Baby, Baby Oh!"

Shake that Toosh!

Maraca Time!
The girls had so much fun. I enjoyed myself as well. It is always a hoot and a holler to see these girls belting out "Baby"!

On a different day we went to the park with Kaiya and Kara. Here Emma and Kaiya are selling some yummy treats at their store. Kara and Kaiya have been playing this game for several years now. So, now Emma is in on the fun.

The park we went to is new. It had this weird looking slide without sides. It almost looked like a blue tongue sticking out. It was a big kid slide, but Ellie mad a statement that she is not little anymore. She climbed right up and was ready to experience the blue tongue. Of course Kara and I helped her down the slide. She didn't stop after one ride down, she went again and again.

Emma and Kaiya are like two peas in a pod. They get along so well and then have disagreements just like sisters. In fact Emma thinks Kaiya is her sister. I have to remind her that Kaiya is her cousin. I hope they are always this close. Wouldn't it be fun if they grew up so close together that they were roomies at the Y. (just a thought)

This is a little kid slide. Much safer for this one and she can go down it on her own.
Don't quite know how to play with these, but we stood on them. Can you guess who belongs to each pair of feet?
The swings wer a popular spot. Cool breeze flowing by is always nice on these hot Texas days.
For Labor Day, we went to Joey and Kara's to play. This time the whole family went. Boyd and Joey chatted and Kara and I watched the girls. They played inside and then outside. Kara decided it was time for them to play in the pool.
It was a great idea. The girls just loved splashing in the pool.
Ellie decided she was big enough to go on the slide. So she would climb up as high as she could on the slide and then let go and slip into the water. It was so fun to watch her.
Ellie also felt her baby should go down the slide. I have never met a girl so obsessed with babies. She is a natural momma for sure.
Seeing Kaiya dive under the water, Emma wanted to try. Kara taught Emma to make a big bubble of air before she went under. So, Emma did. She actually held her breath under the water. It was amazing to see her first try to go under water holding her breath. My baby is growing up!
Kaiya is a sweet one. She loves to help out with Emma or Ellie. Unfortunately, my girls are independent and sassy and they don't want help. Every so often, the girls are okay with Kaiya helping and Kaiya gets a chance to practice being a big sister. I think she is ready!!!
li'l Emma
Who knew playing with the hose would be so fun!
Say Cheese!
Needless to say, we have had many outings with different family members. It is so great to be so close to family. I love my family and appreciate each sister for their uniqueness. I look forward to many more opportunities to create memories with family here in Texas.
3 comments:
We have had such a great time with y'all ever since you moved here. Almost every day kaiya asks," Are we going to see my cousins today?" I must admit I am thrilled to have y'all so close so we can continue the relationship we started while in Utah. I can't wait for the holidays coming up so we can do some fun festive traditions and actinides with the girls!
yea how fun to be by family!!!! Glad you guys made it back to Texas :)
Good to see you're doing so well.
Post a Comment