Monday, October 31, 2011

Boo at the U

TWU hosts a free carnival every year. This year, My mom and I took the girls to this fun-filled carnival. I had to improvise on the costumes because the weather was cold, wet, and rainy. Emma went as a spider
Ellie, a chicken
The games were awesome for the kids. All the volunteers were so sweet to the girls and really made them feel so special. Oma and I had a good time keeping track of these girls at this carnival.
Every game Emma did, Ellie had to try too.
Watching her golf was hilarious. She tried in whatever way possible to hit the glow in the dark golf balls.
Place the nose on the pumpkin

We let the girls shed off some layers to bounce around on the mini bounce house.
Emma loved hitting the air softball.
At the end, these pumpkins were fill to the brim with candy and little trinkets. I am so glad Oma and I were brave enough to go to this carnival with the girls. They did really well at staying close to us and holding a pinkie as we went to new stations.
As the carnival was wrapping up and we were heading out, we hit a few more stations outside. Ellie loved this one. She kept throwing the ball in the hole well more than the allotted three tries.
Here, the girls had to toss a bean bag in the tiger's mouth. At one point, Ellie placed her head in the mouth of the tiger. I was not fast enough to capture this on film, but it looked cool with a chicken hanging outside of a tiger's mouth.
Emma really loved playing all the games and of course receiving candy as a treat afterward. Any Halloween we are in Denton, we will be sure to hit the TWU Boo at the U. It was worth our time!

No comments: