Thursday, October 20, 2011

Owens Boys' Birthdays

The month of October is full of birthdays around here. Chandler turned 7 and the twins turned 14. We had a few different celebrations with them. This is a cookie their Dad made and Mom decorated. When Chanda cut out the pieces everyone could choose which piece to eat. To not show favoritism, Oma, Chanda, and I took a letter from each name to make our piece of the cookie. Happy Birthday Owens boys!
Kara and I got a great idea to take the twins lunch on their birthday. It would be unsuspecting and so fun. So these are the faces the boys saw as they entered the lunchroom. They were surprised to say the least. We had a good time hanging with the boys at their stomping ground.
Ellie was so friendly to all who walked by. As long as she was with her mommy, she would smile and say in her loud and cheerful voice, "HI!"
The Sunday following their birthday, Oma, Opa, David, and my family went over to the Owens' home for a little birthday celebrations. There was presents, strawberry shortcake, followed by some crazy ping pong playing. It was a lot of fun. Here are the twins opening their gifts. They received basketball shorts, so they can return their dad's to him. They also were given piano music books and some awesome clothes. Both boys tickled the ivories while we were there to give us a sample of what their new music book's songs sounded like.
Love Corban's face in this one.
It didn't take long for the boys to bound up the stairs and model their new clothes for us. I think these shirts were the winningest of them all.
Carter
Corban

And...Yes they did wear the shirts with their basketball shorts to school the next day. Let's just say, I received a phone call to tell me how amazin' their day was in their new clothes. Happy Birthday Corban and Carter. I am so glad I was here to celebrate it with you. Kara and I had so much fun surprising you.

No comments: