Sunday, January 22, 2012

New Year and New Changes

There comes a time in a parent's life, when you want your kids to grow up. Then when it happens, you realize how much you want them to stay young forever. Emma has started a new chapter in her life. She is now a sunbeam. She gets to attend primary with all the other big kids. As much as I am ready for this to happen, I also miss my baby.
In primary, we sing the Hello song to new people and visitors. Emma definitely took notice of this. One Sunday evening, as she was supposed to be in bed, she got up and got her figurines out and was playing with them. On the baby monitor I could hear Emma singing the "Hello" song to her dolls. (too cute)
Emma is getting used to the new arrangements on Sunday. She is learning how to sit quietly and of course she is learning new songs. I love to hear how she does in class from her teachers. Even though, I want her to be my little baby forever, it is rich and rewarding to see her grow up to be a sweet girl.
Ellie is still in Nursery. In fact, she has two more years of it. She loves and I mean loves to sing the songs. She is so adorable to watch when she is trying to do the correct actions for the songs. I often hear what a sweet girl Ellie is from her nursery teachers.
I was worried she wouldn't like nursery without Emma, but she has blossomed more without her sister in there. It has been great to see her welcome this change in her life.
Despite her sweetness, she is sassy and independent. Lately she has been placing her hands on her hips and shaking her tush when she doesn't get to do what she wants. I sure hope she will always stay my sweet lovey dovey snuggle bug.

2 comments:

knjfabela said...

The girls sure are growing fast and so happy I get to see it first hand. I know what you mean by them growing up yet you want to keep them young and innocent forever. I'm going through the same thing over here!

Heather said...

Cute cute girls you've got!

Let's get together for Chinese New Year!! There's a great place in Richardson that has amazing beef noodle soup and Taiwanese fried rice. I nearly cried with joy while eating there. Email me and we can arrange getting together. heatherrose at byu dot net.