Sunday, July 14, 2013

Temple Square Day 2

 Once again it was 1pm before I met up with everyone.  So, we sat outside of the Joseph Smith Memorial building and ate before our day of sight seeing began.  First on the agenda was to go to the Church History Museum.  This is so amazing and you could spend hours reading and learning IF you don't have kids with you.  With kids it was a whirlwind run through for me.  
 Perhaps the best part of this Museum, if you have kids, is the children's exhibit.  It is filled with lots of hands on and fun activities.  
 Porter spent a good hour in this location only. He kept pulling out the vegetables, banging them on the floor and then picking out more.  He loved, loved this.  Plus, as you can see, it was right at his level.
 Emma went and checked out each area.  Here she is checking to see if her chickens have hatched any eggs.
 Porter still playing in the same area.
 Ellie went fishing
 Emma using the kid friendly computer.
 Emma spent a lot of time next to the garden in the kitchen area preparing meals for me.  
 At least, I could eat while I watched Porter play in his garden.
 The girls came back to where I was stationed from time to time and played with Porter as well.
 This is the dancing area.  They had dress-up skirts for the girls and vests for the boys.  There was a small clip with a lady showing by example how to dance.  I had to convince the girls to give it  try.
 Emma really got in to this.  She was copying the video perfectly.
 Ellie, on the other hand, was not so sure.
 So, Oma and I decided to jump on in and give this dancing a whirl and a twirl.  You can see us preparing in the background.
 Oma wore the right colors for this activity.
 So, I know I don't look as cute as the girls, but I had fun dancing with them.  I hope I will always have fun with my kids even if I look and act silly.
 You have to pay close attention to the facial expressions of Oma!  Also note how Ellie isn't really dancing in the pics.
 Oma was having a blast!
I had to take this picture.  So sweet.

We spent hours here, and then it was time to go back to the car.  This time, I parked for two hours and then moved the car and parked in the new space for two hours.  This was a gamble, but I just didn't feel like walking and far as I did yesterday.   

 We then went to "This is the Place" Monument.  We spent some time in the gift shop and then took spent some time around the monument.  Porter was not so happy.
Love this sister pic!  They can be so sweet to each other.  This was the last place we went together on our second day at temple square.  Eventhough we went to less places, we were still busy all day.

No comments: