Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I feel like a mom all of a sudden.




Last weekend was the second time Kyle stayed the night with us. From now on, every other Friday to Saturday, we have Kyle stay the night with us. I feel like I have gone from newly wed to pregnant and now that I have a step son who stays with us every other weekend, I feel like a mom like figure. I love Kyle. He is so fun to have at our home. We are getting better at helping him relax and prepare for bedtime.

Last Friday night I was dozing off when I heard the sweetest conversation between father and son. Boyd was telling Kyle stories of when he was a baby. Boyd expressed how much he loved and missed Kyle as Kyle was fighting sleep. It was a tender conversation. I smiled big when I heard this.

I will never know how hard it is for Boyd to not have daily interaction with his son. I also think Kyle has a hard time with it. A bond between Father and son cannot be broken. It is so fun to witness Boyd and Kyle playing baseball together, talking, and enjoying each other's company.

I feel like a mom when I have to encouraged bath time, and feed Kyle and make sure all those details are taken care of so Boyd and Kyle can play all day. Don't worry, I jump in a play baseball too. Sometimes, I get tired, and relax or eat while the two of them play so hard.

Kyle is a great baseball player. He can hit well and as his coach says, "He's an animal out there." He wants to hit hard and get outs. He has even been seen chasing the player to the base to get them out. He generally beats them. Also, one time he tagged a player with the ball in the players back. It was hilarious to see.

1 comment:

Allyson said...

I have only seen your husband once, but from what I remember, the top picture of Kyle looks just like him, the way he is standing. I am glad you are enjoying being a mom. How long have you been married?