Monday, June 30, 2008

Just a Laugh



Normally, I wouldn't post a picture of just me. However, this is too funny of a story to not tell.

At the reunion, most of the girls stayed inside giggling and talking about life in Nauvoo and life after Nauvoo. During this time, Boyd found his element, playing with all the kids. He probably knows my friends kids better than me because he was outside playing football with them. At this reunion, we all had name tags so we could call each other by first names and get to know the husbands. I had just gone outside and handed Boyd the camera to get some pictures of this event. I sat down and watched the kids playing when I saw one 6 year old boy pelt Boyd in the side of the head with a nerf football when he wasn't looking. It was a pure accident. So, when the boy saw what happened, he looked at Boyd's name tag and said, "Sorry Body!" In his quick look at Boyd's name tag, he had mixed up the letters a bit. I immediately busted up laughing. I had to run inside and share the humorous story to the others. Don't worry, the other parents outside were laughing too. Boyd took it with stride, and said maybe he should get his friends too call him body from now on.

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Cute story Sister Bu! I miss you heaps, and check your blog all the time. I don't know if you have my blog address or not...
www.chinacaltons.blogspot.com

knjfabela said...

Next time I see Boyd I think I might say," Hey what's up Body!"

Steve & Emily said...

Hi Alisha! I'm so excited that you're having a baby!!! I had lunch with Mandy George on Monday and she passed along your blog address to me. write to me sometime! steveemilyj@gmail.com