Emma played with toys all over the blankets.
I was so worried I would lose so me toys, so I connected all of them together.
We attended our first ward social on Friday night. It was a movie night at the Stake Center park area. We watched a movie on a big screen, ate popcorn, and drank root beer floats. We had a great time. We met a really nice family there. Up to that point, we had met three families, the welcoming committee family, a family whose little girl saw our car and told her mom they needed to come and meet us, and then the family we talked to at the ward social.
Each day and week at church we meet more and more people. We really like our ward. It is taking a little time to warm up to people, but generally everyone is so nice and helpful. Our ward is mostly full of one-three kid families, but we have a few families with 4-5 kids. All in all, most of us are in the same stage of life, young families. I know we are going to love it more and more as we make an effort to attend socials and other gatherings and say hi to people at church and in the neighborhood. Emma is a great way to meet more people. People are drawn to babies, and Emma has a way of getting everyone's attention with her chatty self in all of our church meetings.
No comments:
Post a Comment