Here is Emma having too much fun in her crib. Notice the cutest and softest pig in the world. Now, Emma sleeps with her pig, given to her by Uncle David, and Minnie. She is also starting to enjoy wrapping up in her blanket.
Often, Emma decides to play instead of going to sleep. When we walk in her room to check on her and she will pop up and say, "HI!"
Getting a great pose of Emma is really tricky these days. She wants to see the camera the minute I pull it out to get a snap of her.
We sure love Emma. She is learning so much so quickly. She knows eyes, ears, nose, mouth, toes, and belly button. She also waves bye at everyone and every thing. Recently I have been saying prayers with her as I put her to bed. After I am done, she will fold her arms and mumble something and then smile. It is the cutest thing in the world.
The thing we love about Emma the most is how much laughter she brings in our home. With both of us busy with work and school, it is so refreshing to come home and just play with Emma. She is so curious about everything around her. She loves remotes, cell phones, and computers. She is learning her alphabet song, thanks to the phonics refrigerator toy. It is so fun to see her mimic the sounds it makes.
Keeping her entertained at church is quite a challenge though. I do not have the energy to chase her around. Boyd and I take turns watching her. Most times she is found wandering the halls, pushing the water fountain button, and trying to join any class that has their door open. So, we spend a lot of time in the hallways when she gets too restless in Sacrament meeting.
We are so proud of Emma for learning her manners. She is using the word please all the time. Sometimes, she will say Tak for thanks when I get her more milk in her sippy. Other words she can say and know the meaning of are...ball, dog, snow, hi, bye, night night, bow, shoes, socks, and of course mommy and daddy. Emma we sure love you! Thanks for making our life so fun and exciting.
So, I have 11 days until I will be induced. We are getting so excited to have a new little one in our home. I know Emma will be a great big sister. She loves babies and loves to help. I will have to learn how to be patient with Emma and all of her helping.
2 comments:
Oh my goodness!!!! I LOVE that dress. Holy Cow! Where did you get it? I think Kaiya needs the exact same one! Kaiya and I are so excited to come and play with Emma and the new bundle and you and boyd are just added bonuses! We are counting down!!!!
I'm so excited for you, but also jealous because I still have 8 more weeks to go! You're lucky to get 8 weeks off, too! My husband thinks I should get right back to work ASAP! Luckily, I don't have to this time because school will be out.
Post a Comment