We have had a crazy busy summer. We have been so blessed with so much and are so grateful for these things. However, with Boyd's summer internship, my Japanese program, and all the other business in our lives, we have not had time to just enjoy ourselves. So, we made the 2.5 hour trip to Bear Lake to get away as a family. It was so fun to be together. I enjoyed myself so much. I loved being in such a gorgeous setting with the people I treasure most in my life. Of course Boyd and I had to take turns with the girls in or out of the water. Emma and I sat in the water and let the waves lap on us. It was a sweet bonding moment for us! Boyd took Emma in the deeper area and swam with her on his back. Ellie switched off with Boyd and I holding her near the water. She did get her feet a little wet, but mostly stayed dry. All in all it was a much needed family vacation day at the beach. I am already looking forward to another visit at Bear Lake.
The most precious people in my life.
We love our Emma!
Emma standing in her special spot with her name in the sand.
Daddy wrote Ellie's name in the sand as well!
Ellie chilling on the chair.
Daddy showing Emma how to play with the raft.
Emma loved the water. It was so fun to watch her play.
This beach baby had her 6 month appt. She has grown 2.5 inches in 2 months! She hasn't gained a whole lot though. Here are the stats
Height 25 3/4 " 53%
Weight 12 lbs. 7 oz. 2%
We will be going back to the doctor in a month to check her weight again. So, from now on I must try really hard to get more calories in this sweet thing!
2 comments:
What a great way to spend the last days of summer! The girls look super cute in their bathing suits. Love the last picture of Ellie, can't wait to see her again.
Oh how I love Bear Lake! What cute little girls you have!
Post a Comment