Sunday, September 5, 2010

A New Season Has Begun!

This post has several meanings.

This is a new season for our family. Mommy works, Daddy studies, and the kids are shuffled to a babysitter half day.

It is a new season of clothes. I love this time of year. I shop for the kids clothes twice a year. I go to the big end of season sales and purchase things for the next year. This has worked really well. By the time a new season comes, I forget all the cute things I found at amazing prices. So, this week when I pulled out all of Emma's new clothes, I got so excited. We store these in buckets in the garage. It is a collection of new stuff I buy at the President's Weekend Sale and some shared clothing from family. Ellie just moves into Emma's old clothes. However, when I see a great deal, I indulge in something new for Ellie as well. I can hardly wait for a new day, so Emma can wear another outfit I haven't seen 30 times already.

It is also a new season of football. I love watching football. Granted, being a mom takes precedence and I miss many great plays due to Mommy duties, but I love love it. I don't always remember all the rules, but I enjoy the excitement of cheering on a team I love, BYU.
It is a season of sneakers. Finally Ellie's feet have grown big enough that she can fit in size 1 shoes. She is fascinated by these laces for sure.
It is a season for growth and progression. Ellie still needs a Bumbo to sit, but she is getting so much better. I think in the next few weeks, she will master sitting up all by herself and start crawling. What a sweet girl!
Ellie loves to smile. She does the most cheesy grin that covers her entire face. Love it!
The girls have adjusted really well to the new system of things. I get them ready and drop them off early in the morning. Daddy picks them up midday and brings them home for naps so he can study. An hour or so later both girls are up and going. This makes it hard for Daddy to study, but he does get some quality time with them.
A season of better communication. Emma is starting to form sentences. It is so amazing to me what she has picked up by way of communicating. Here she has just said, "I wan down." Her favorite thing to say is "This broke, This nose, This Emma, This apple." So she is pretty close to This is _____. I am fascinated at how verbal communication progresses.
Will she ever out grow this?
Watching the game
I love the little smirk forming
Oh little Emma is such a girly girl. She always wants her purse!
Emma and Ellie saying "cheese" for the camera
Football games are long, and Ellie fell asleep mid game. She just doesn't quite understand the excitement of a football game for all 4 quarters
Andy, Christy, and Logan came to our home to watch the 1st BYU game. We had great food and better company! It was my first time to see Logan in person. He is such a cutie. I am not used to holding babies with a little pudginess. He is a compact little man and so easy going. We sure hope we can share many more moments with this great family!

No comments: