Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween

My school had a little carnival as a fundraiser for our PTA. We decided to dress the kids and go. Emma had a great time. Ellie just wanted to be held. so we pushed an empty stroller around most of the time.
Emma went straight for the free fun. She wanted to swing and play on the playground. She could care less about anything else.
Here's our little Ellie flower.
We showed Emma the swing that we had to pay tickets for and she was really excited. We paid for a bracelet so Emma could go on unlimited rides. This was by far her favorite. Good thing the carnival was small enough there was not even a line.
A lady in the ward suggested I go as a farmer since I had a chicken and a flower this Halloween. So, I dusted off my boots, found some plaid, made pigtails with my hair, and added some darker freckles. It was fun to dress up for the carnival.
Boyd had to show his strength by slamming the hammer to hit the bell. Emma scored with a massive hot pink bat. We have had lots of fun with this bat so far. Here Emma is riding on the train all by herself. She really loved it.
Due to the chocolate stains on the firs costume, we had to change it up for trick-or-treating. Emma wore her lady bug outfit and Ellie a bee. I did not join them in changing my outfit. ( too much work)
It was a wet, windy night. However, we persevered and went with our kids trick or treating. Daddy grabbed the beach umbrella and kept all of us dry. It was quite the sight. We had a great time. Emma really started to get the hang of the evening. She knew people would give her candy if she knocked on the door and held her pumpkin out. It was a fun first for me. Luckily she was so involved in getting candy she didn't cry for some until the evening was done. We went out for 1 hour and 40 minutes. I think this was a pretty good amount of time for a 2 year old.

Today Emma was really excited to enjoy her spoil. Her favorite treat to eat is the suckers. So, we let her have one a little later in the morning and after breakfast. When I went in to get Ellie dressed for church she was sucking on a sucker stick. I thought,"Oh, Emma must have dropped the stick." Wrong! Emma was sharing the real thing, a sucker. Ellie has now officially been introduced to candy. I hope she doesn't get sick. I could hardly believe it. No wonder Ellie was licking away at the stick and not complaining one bit!

1 comment:

knjfabela said...

The girls looked super cute! I LOVE the pic of you and Ellie. It looks like your second child gets to try things out a little earlier than your first. (Ice cream, suckers, you name it Emma just might have already given it to Ellie. What a nice sister for sharing with her baby.)