Last week, we took Ellie and Emma to the park. Ellie is still too nervous to slide down a tube slide. Emma was fearless on this play ground. It was really fun until Ellie took tumble on my upper bicep. A strong painful sensation coursed through my arm. I felt like I could not move it. So, the park fun ended rather quickly. I think I just tore my muscle slightly. Heat, ice and rest did the trick to fix my arm pain.
A year ago I purchased this open treasure chest. I decided to roll up my blankets to display them in the house. This was the intended use of it. Now, my girls have decided to use it as a container to sit in, throw their toys in and fight over. Who knew?
See what I mean. Emma and Ellie love this little seat.
The Easter Package came and I couldn't wait a day to open it. We opened it right away. My mom and dad always send the nicest things. The girls are so spoiled by them. Emma was in the middle of eating a piece of candy from her Nursery Easter Egg hunt, and she was all grins about the Easter package.
Ellie was also excited!
These were Ellie's favorite treats in the package. She carried these all over the house. Of course the fun Easter books have been read and hid so Emma doesn't rearrange them. She tends to rip books when she is bored, so I have to be careful. However, at night we sure read the new Easter books. I love them. Thank you mom and dad for always thinking of our family.
On this particular night, Emma and Ellie both tried to fit in the special seat.
They did a pretty good job!
Here is my little 2.5 year old.
I started potty training Emma on Friday. I stayed home from work that day because Ellie was running a fever and I wanted to be there for her. After talking to my sister Kara around noon, I decided to start Emma right into potty training. Things went fairly well. I was so proud of Emma. We went every 40 minutes and she would go potty. She was very excited about it. This remained the same on Saturday. It was a bit trickier though, because Kyle was there and things just seemed to be more busy.
On Sunday we still tried to go to the bathroom every 40 minutes. Emma stayed dry all day even throughout church. I took her to the bathroom right at the beginning of sacrament meeting. Then about 40 minutes into church, she told me she needed to go, so we went. I took her out of nursery after about an hour and 10 minutes. She was still dry! Then I picked her up from nursery after church, and she went again. I was the proudest mom around! I was so sure Emma would regress because of the 3 hour block of church. However, she sure surprised me.
Monday was a beautiful day. Despite the sunny appearance though, it was very windy and chilly outside. So, Ellie did not stay in this for very long. Can I just say, Ellie loves babies. She is always caring one around. It is the cutest thing in the world.
Love this close up of my bald baby and her bald baby.
Emma was fine with the chill and cold. She set up like it was a summer day.
Ellie just cried in her first outfit. I figured she must be cold, so I put some warmer clothes on top of the summer jumper. Ellie was more willing to come outside in these clothes.
After lunch and naps, the sun warmed that air right up. We had to get back in our summer outfit. I had already put her first outfit in the drawer and decided to find something really summery to wear. So, here is Ellie trying to decide if she wants to go outside.
There she goes in her summery attire.
It looks like I do not get a lawn chair seat this year.
Emma was so excited to sit in this lawn chair with her shades.
Two Peas in a Pod
Emma loved to change her shades around and just hang out in the sun.
I of course have to stay really close to Ellie so she doesn't fall out of the lawn chair.
Ellie was bored and came inside to get some refreshment.
Emma followed close behind and was being silly. She really likes sun glasses.
Here are my girls together again. Notice, Emma is not wearing a diaper. She is going to have to learn to sit a little more lady like now that she is wearing panties.
Last night Ellie placed her plate full of food on top of her head. It reminded me of "Tales of Fourth Grade Nothing", when Fudge dumps his cereal all over his head. At least on a bald head, the clean up was simple.
1 comment:
I love thier spring outfits! All those bright colors make me want to jump in the pool!
Post a Comment